Saturday 11 May 2013

Andhra IPS officer brain behind 'Deyyam(the ghost) Horror love story with a message on Screen Addiction


Udumula Sudhakar Reddy

From premier civil service of the nation to horror film making and romantic novel writing Special Protection Force Inspector General Mr P V Sunil Kumar is a blow by blow example of versatility.  Sunil an IPS officer who served in toughest jobs in faction ridden Kadapa, Maoist hit Adilabad have a picture perfect contradictory side.
His latest passion a short film ‘Deyyam’(The Ghost) bhayapette premakatha( horror love story) is now all set to release. The film was made in association with Tollywood music composer Mr Anoop Rubens (of ‘Poolarangadu’ “Prema Kavali’ “Lovely”), Alind Jaitely a professional film-maker having graduated from the Film and Television Institute of India, Pune, noted writer Satish Chandar and Indian Institute of Management graduate Kishan Chandar a cinematographer.
The lead actor is Aparna the ghost who acted in recent Nitin’s film ‘Gundejari Gallantaiande’.
Sunil Kumar who took a course from Hollywood screenwriting guru Sydfield says,”I have been a novel and short story writer for quiet long period and my passion for film making using human emotions to drive a social message among the young generation made me to take up this new project. I came from Sydfield’s school. Deyyam(the Ghost) is one of the short stories I have written and published. Based on this short story I have written the script, screenplay and supervised editing and direction. The theme of the story is the ‘screen addiction’ be it Television, Computer or Smart phone among the people. Taking ghosts backdrop we have driven the social message. One of the plasma TV advertisements says even after shutting down on the screen for two to three seconds the ghost image is seen. Youth are spending most of their time on screen now a days,”
Interestingly Sunil says “I love Alfred Hitchcock and Akira Kurosawa films. My film has their influence,”
Sunil had dedicated his romantic adventure novel ‘Sayyata’ to Steve Jobs of Apple computers. “Most of my stories on based on human relations. Though Sayyata is a romantic thriller I discussed factionalism, Maoism and fake babas a backdrop. My experiences in my career made me discuss the insights. The novel was sold out more than 1000 copies and another novel ‘Prarambham’ I have discussed the friendship between a Brahmin boy and a dalit boy and how in course of life the lead character gets support from unexpected quarters other than his community,” says Sunil.
How does the IPS officer who heads the big force that protects all key installations like secretariat, AP legislative assembly, dams get time for film making? Sunil says,”I spend my most of the weekends on this. Even all others are IIM, Prestigious film institute graduates are working for this. There is no commercial motive we are only working on for a social message. That’s we named it Weekend film makers. It is not an easy job. Amalgamation of writing, acting and editing is all it has. My wife an advocate and two kids are always with me in these endeavours,”
Sunil was responsible for initiatives in police department like receptions, FIR issued on phone call on request of women, children, ISO certified SP office in Medak, dynamic beat system with Radio Frequency tags. He was conferred President of India’s made for meritorious service in 2010.

No comments: