Wednesday 6 February 2013

Costa Concardia mishap: Passionate Chef from Hyderabad returns to Costa Pacifica


U Sudhakar Reddy
A passionate chef Mr. Jonathan Pathurim a  Hyderabadi and one of the 
survivors of Costa Concardia the ill fated luxury cruise ship that sunk near Gigilo 
Island of Italy last January, is now back to work on Costa Pacifica.
A resident of Moula Ali 2- year-old chef Jonathan is leaving to Italy on January 31 night 
from there on cruise to Spain.
Jonathan says “I am excited to join the cruise again after one year without any fear but 
I still recall the night when Concardo sunk. All these days I am happy to spend with my 
family”  Seven other Hyderabadis who survived also joined different luxury cruises of 
Costa recently. Jonathan has been getting lot of hits on his youtube uploaded video of the sinking ship of Costa Concardia .
“I shot the video on my mobile while I was in-charge of one of the rescue boat,” he 
saddened.
“For three to four years I couldn’t make it to home. But after the mishap I spent a year 
here. My grandmother died and I missing her. My father, my mother and younger brother 
helped in their prayers,” he added.
“I am feeling proud to go back. Costa Pacifica is a sister ship like Costa Concardia. It 
has same features as Concardia. I am leaving by flight to Italy from Hyderabad. I feel 
very brave to be back on the high seas. I always think incidents happen and there are 
hurdles in life. We have to push on,” smiles Jonathan. He was awarded best seafarer by 
his company recently.
“My friend Sharan from Balapur joined Costa Serena, Gandla Sasidhar from Malkajgiri, 
Venkatchary also took the job again recently,” he added.
He added ,”there are eight Hyderabadis on the ship and all of us survived. One our friend 
from Mumbai is still missing, We hope he is alive,”
He studied in Culinary Academy of India and Indian Academy of Catering Technology and 
Culinary Arts in Hyderabad.

No comments: