Wednesday 13 February 2013

Girl child discrimination: Man throws out new born and her mom on the road in Hyderabad India


Udumula Sudhakar Reddy
A 15-day old girl baby was thrown out on the middle of the busy 
Rampally road by her father on Sunday evening as he wanted his wife to deliver a male 
baby but she gave birth to girl child. The girl baby and the mother were rescued by 
passers-by who informed the Keesara police of Cyberabad commissionarate and child welfare 
committee authorities.'


Police launched hunt for the accused scrap dealer Mr M Balaiah 34 a resident of RTC 
colony. Ms B Rani an advocate of Rangareddy court said ,”“I was going home from our farm 
house at Rampally to Vidyanagar.. When our vehicle reached RTC colony main road we found 
the baby and later the women crying. Both of them were thrown out by her husband who 
locked the house and fled. We informed police immediately,”
M Swapna the mother of the baby says ,”He used to torture me daily. Two months ago he 
took me to a scanning centre where it was found to be a female baby. From then he was 
beating up me. On January 26 the day when I suffered labor pains he hit me hardly on my 
abdomen. I was taken in 108 ambulance to the hospital where I delivered the baby. Doctors 
warned him despite he didn't see me or the child. When I went home he forced me not to 
breast feed the baby. For the past few days she was not fed properly. He didn't allow me 
to eat. His mother Ilavva also came and she abused me,”
Ranga Reddy district child welfare committee chairperson Ms V Padmavati says ,”we have 
taken up the case sumotu. We also lodged complaint with Keesara police against her 
husband. She will be shifted to shelter home along with the baby. There are many injuries 
on the woman’s body. The baby was born on Republic day. His first wife died after giving 
birth to three girl children. He married another Swapna from an orphanage in Gajwel,”

No comments: